Friday 26 March 2010

The Beat Shall Go On!

I might not have written on this blog for a while now but that doesn't mean I have stopped watching The Bill or fallen out of love with it. The total opposite in fact.

Every Thursday 9pm I am there watching it, trying to guess the suspects, sympathising with the victims, rooting on the officers etc

It is STILL the only telly show that I watch religiously, NOTHING comes between me and The Bill. Everybody knows not to ring me during 9pm-10pm cos I will not answer.

SO I AM *RAGING* TO HEAR THE STUPIDLY DEVASTATING NEWS TODAY THAT THE BILL HAS BEEN AXED.

LITERALLY WTF ARE ITV PLAYING AT!?

I am too angry and upset to write a sensible post at the moment. When I read the news on Digital Spy I just couldn't believe it.


I had a feeling when they changed the timeslot and the 'look' of the show that ITV were setting it up for an axe but the show still worked and people still watched it.


I can name a dozen SHIT shows still on the telly (and ITV) that deserve an axe and The Bill is not one of them.


When I started this blog for my Uni project it was because it was a subject that I was passionate about. I mean, I have been watching The Bill since I was probably 8 years old (I am now 22) and I can't remember missing an episode. Even if I went on holiday, I would tape it and watch it when I got back. Even at University, I would Sky Plus it if i couldn't watch it 'live'.


I've fallen in love with characters, I've hated characters, I've enjoyed the villians, I've enjoyed the scraps, I've cried with the victims, I've laughed along with the characters.... *sigh* In fact I used to want to become a PC purely because of The Bill.


So this news has hit me hard :(


It's my favourite show on the telly. I'm devastated. I think it's time to 'fight back' and show ITV that they made a WRONG decision.


Long Live The Bill



This Is The Bill

Your's forever

Sunny Hill :(

No comments: